The Finnish atmospheric optics -enthusiasts gathered to the traditional annual meeting in the weekend between 5th and 7th of June 2015. The meeting was organized at The Tähtikallio observatory center of Ursa astronomical association in Artjärvi, Southern Finland.
The meeting was organized in very relaxed manner, and the programme was flexible. All the presentations were organized in saturday. During the meeting, following presentations were given:
- An overview to the Halo April 2015 -observing campaign (Juha Ojanperä)
- About observing and distinguishing different kinds of crepescular rays (Veikko Mäkelä)
- About the new version of HaloStack -stacking program (Panu Lahtinen)
- About the new kind of co-operation programme between Finnish meteorological institute and stormchasers of Finland and about the space weather monitoring in FMI (Matias Takala)
- Taivaanvahti (observation database of Ursa a.a.) update (Emma Herranen)
- About the 3rd and 4th order rainbow observations in Finland (Juha Ojanperä, Linda Laakso)
This year the programme of the meeting was including also storms and stormchasing and also spaceweather and aurorae and not just atmospheric optics.
The amount of participants was 14, 4 people cancelled their participation. The number of participants this year was 5 less than year ago.
During the meeting, we were also able to observe all kinds of atmospheric optical phenomena like pollen coronae and noctilucent clouds.
Photos from the meeting:
Photos: Juha Ojanperä